Garden of E

---------------------------------------------------------------

My Info

Austin, Texas
I've lived and gardened in urban Austin for the past 8 years, after retiring from the last of my several careers. BR (before retirement), most of my life was spent in colder places like Michigan, Missouri, Oregon, Montana, Alaska, and Boston MA. Best thing I've done AR-- becoming a Master Gardener. Other passions-- Austin Farmers' Market, grandchildren, and travel.

photo by Elsa, age 7

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

November Bloom Day

I know, I know, it was yesterday, but I was busy making spaghetti sauce, and then spent the evening eating it, with a Farmers' Market salad and a good chianti.  Besides I wouldn't want to spoil my record of always posting a day late to Carol of May Dreams' invitation to show what's blooming.
A better question might be, "What's not blooming?"  Passionvine and Chiapas sage are all I can think of.

The paperwhite narcissus (against tropical sage) is something I usually enjoy around Christmastime, but this is not a normal year.



Out front, the Fairy rose wrestles for space with plumbago, bulbine, blackfoot daisy, and salvia greggii.


A monarch lights on purple coneflower.


"Kingswood Torch" coleus


The always-reliable cosmos, which has been blooming steadily since April.


The volunteer Gerber daisy


The pigeonberry puts on more color in fall.


Delicate and dainty Cecile Bruner


The very long-lived red, orange, and pink zinnias--remember, Felder Rushing says, "Every color goes with every other color."



Love this pinky-orange.

It's after midnight, late again.

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks lovely, Eleanor! I like that Felder Rushing quote - it validates my love for the combination of pink roses and orange cosmos in my garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I post late, or early...and it doesn't seem to make a damn bit of difference! I've come by your place twice for the backyard tour and you are never home! I want to see your backyard! Are you going to the MG X-mas party? if so, let's make a date! I didnt' you know you had an Alaska connection...we must talk!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete